The USB-COM232-Plus1 module provides a simple method of adapting legacy serial devices with RS232 interfaces, to modern USB ports. This is accomplished by using the industry standard FTDI FT232R USB-Serial bridge IC.
• Adds one RS-232 serial port (9-way male D type) by connecting to USB (B type female).
• Operates with, and powered by, USB 1.1 or USB 2.0 host or hub.
• FIFO: 128 byte transmit buffer, 256 byte receive buffer.
• 12Mbps USB Full Speed interface and up to 1Mbps on the RS232 interface.
• LEDs indicate USB enumeration, RxD, TxD for monitoring port status & easy diagnostics.