The V-Eval Kit is a hardware platform that designers can use to develop embedded USB host systems based on FTDI’s VNC1L devices. Designs can be rapidly debugged using the "spy" mode of the supplied V-Eval software which displays the data sent between the VNC1L UART and a controller UART, for example a PIC.
Key V-Eval features include:
- Inbuilt VNC1L USB device programmer/ terminal emulator/command monitor hardware.
- Two VNC1L USB Host/Slave ports.
- Generous prototyping area for standard DIP and SIL devices.
- Multiple IO port connectors grouped by port name and/or function.
- LEDs and switches for user interaction.
- PS/2 keyboard and mouse ports.
- Downloadable programming, terminal emulation and debug monitor
- Downloadable HID class example project (VNC1L controlled USB
rocket launcher) including PIC source code in C.